1. Our first miscarriage. Week 6. I saw the little embryo sac... Empty.
2. The second one happened six months later, in week 5. I remember the pain I felt from the contractions.
3. In the third pregnancy we really began to hope and felt happy about it. We did a scan in week 7 but what we didn’t know was that it died a few days later. The sad thing was that I had no idea and I got to week 15 before the bleedings started. I had a D&C a few days later.
4. This pregnancy was filled with anxiety but it ended well and Ebba is now filling our days with love. I got an epileptic seizure during labour but it went well. We have only a 10% chance to get a healthy baby in each pregnancy due to my genetic balanced translocation. So Ebba is a true miracle.
5. When we decided to try for another baby we had our 4th miscarriage in week 10 and I had to go through another D&C. At this point they also discovered a cyst (4 cm) and I’m thankful it disappeared.
6. Another pregnancy, miscarriage in week 4/5.
7. Our 6th miscarriage was the one where we actually thought we had a healthy pregnancy. It was a boy and he died in week 13/14 but was discovered in week 17. I had to deliver him at the hospital. He had severe deformities.
8. At this point we said no to another natural pregnancy and we asked for help. It was time for IVF with PGD. Cycle 1: 10 nice looking embryos at day 5, but all suddenly died. I was devastated and had nothing to transfer.
9. IVF with PGD cycle number 2: 9 good looking embryos, 5 could be sent for genetic screening and 1 came back normal. This little fellow named ”Dot” is now 6 months old and she kept her name Dot as a middle name. Her first name is Clara.
It has been a long journey filled with emotions. I’m so happy to be where we are right now. So thankful ️ I'm turning 35 this year and live in Sweden with my husband Andreas, two daughters and two cats.
Check out my Youtube Channel, here.